[PC-BSD Testing] Sound on and off randomly and inconsistently

Sam Lin semin2006 at gmail.com
Fri May 18 18:05:01 PDT 2012

Hi Vans,

Thanks very much for your help so far. It turns out that it's the speaker
built in the monitor that is causing the problem. It is now confirmed that
once I turn off the monitor and then switch the monitor on again the sound
is working. Very annoying as this monitor is just fine when it is on
Windows 7 (on exactly the same machine before PCBSD was installed) but at
least now have nailed down the cause. Perhaps I should go get an external
speaker.

Regards,
Sam