[PC-BSD Testing] Suggestion: Bug verification
claive alvin Acedilla
cabpacedilla at gmail.com
Thu May 17 22:02:26 PDT 2012
This is just a suggestion.
If someone submit a bug report found from a different PC-BSD system version
than yours (like the bug reporter installed from a CD and your installation
is a Virtualbox image or the reporter has 32-bit version and you have
64-bit version) then it is also better to reproduce the bug on your 64 bit
PC-BSD system to verify the bug.
This is to support and verify that the bug is reproducible from a different
Bugs can be verified from many versions:
1. DVD version (32-Bit and 64-Bit)
2. USB BootOnly (32-Bit and 64 bit)
3. USB Live (32-Bit and 64-bit)
4. VMware disk image (32-Bit and 64-bit)
5. VirtualBox disk (32-Bit and 64-bit)
6. CD (32-bit and 64-bit)
7. Live DVD (32-Bit and 64-bit)
8. USBLITE (32-Bit and 64-bit)
9. USB (32-Bit and 64-bit)
10. Boot-Only CD (32-bit and 64-bit)
11. Bugs can verified from all localized versions
You can also reproduce the bug even if you have the same version to the bug
reporter system to verify that the bug is really reproducible on the
reporters PC-BSD system version.
So lets support and verify a bug reported from another person.
If you can setup all the PC-BSD versions on different machines, the better.
If you own a company and have a lot of computers, you can install all the
PC-BSD versions on different computers and verify bugs.
You can also assign your employees to test PC-BSD for a short time each day.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Testing