[PC-BSD Testing] EasyPBI

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Thu May 17 04:05:22 PDT 2012

Interesting, when the download hits 100% it is supposed to display a
message saying that it is now unpacking the download and the user needs
to wait for it to finish (it takes a while to extract all 23,000+
ports). The alternative to this method (putting the ports tree in the
user's home directory) is to run "portsnap fetch extract" as root, this
will install the ports tree in the usual place (/usr/ports) and EasyPBI
can use it from there (it will take pretty much the same amount of time,
since you are still downloading and extracting the entire ports tree).

~~ Ken Moore ~~
PC-BSD/iXsystems