[PC-BSD Testing] EasyPBI

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Wed May 16 04:27:16 PDT 2012

Are you running it as a user? (it should be run as a user, not root)
By default, EasyPBI creates a directory in the user's home folder called
"EasyPBI" and places the modules in there. You should only get this
error if you have some kind of problem with your permissions when
running it.
Also, could you post here the terminal output from the program? That
will probably contain more information as to what happened.

On 05/16/2012 04:56, claive alvin Acedilla wrote:
> Hi Ken,
> I get an error message saying "There was an error creating the module.
> There maybe a permission error creating..." after I clicked Create
> Module button.
>
> On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 9:57 PM, claive alvin Acedilla
> <cabpacedilla at gmail.com <mailto:cabpacedilla at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Oh Ok. Thanks Ken. I will the qt development system package
>     I hope i will be successful creating a PBI
>

>     On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 9:44 PM, Ken Moore <ken at pcbsd.org
>     <mailto:ken at pcbsd.org>> wrote:
>
>         You need to have the "Developement-Qt" system package
>         installed to use that (I believe that was mentioned in the
>         forum post). You also might need to run "rehash" in the
>         terminal if you installed it after the terminal session was
>         already open.
>

>         On 05/15/2012 14:40, claive alvin Acedilla wrote:
>>         Thanks Ken
>>         Ken I get an error message "qmake-qt4: Command not found."
>>         when I issue the qmake-qt4 EasyPBI.pro command
>>

>>         On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 2:46 PM, Ken Moore <ken at pcbsd.org
>>         <mailto:ken at pcbsd.org>> wrote:
>>
>>             You don't need to wait for 9.1 to start using the latest
>>             EasyPBI, just svn checkout the source and build it
>>             youself (take ~2 minutes or less for the whole process).
>>             I wrote exactly what commands you have to run to get it
>>             in this forum post[1] if you are interested.
>>
>>             [1]:
>>             http://forums.pcbsd.org/showthread.php?t=13673&page=2
>>             <http://forums.pcbsd.org/showthread.php?t=13673&page=2>
>>             (last post)