[PC-BSD Testing] Cannot run evince

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Tue May 8 08:50:53 PDT 2012

On 05/05/2012 13:21, claive alvin Acedilla wrote:
> I cannot run evince after installing from AppCafe.
> I tried to run from terminal I get error message saying:
>
> GLib-GIO-ERROR **: Settings schema 'org.gnome.Evince.Default' is not
> installed
>
> aborting...
> Abort trap
>
> Im using PCBSD 9.0 USBLite 32 bit

I just retried the 32-bit Evince in a VM (Generic IceWM, Firefox PBI,
nothing else) and it seemed to work just fine. Do you have GNOME
installed by any chance? It could be that you are running the
gnome-installation of evince rather than the PBI.

Just to make sure it is the PBI running, try this from a terminal:
"cd /usr/pbi/evince-i386/.sbin"
"./evince"

and see if you get the errors again.

--