[PC-BSD Testing] Removing Xfce with System Manager, can't login to LXDE

Bridger Dyson-Smith bdysonsmith at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 09:14:59 PDT 2012

Hi list --

I added the Xfce via System Manager yesterday in an effort to duplicate a
DE-specific problem. After duplicating the problem, I removed it (also
through the System Manager).

Now I'm unable to log in to LXDE (my primary DE). Any suggestions for how
to fix this? Please let me know if there's additional info I can provide -
I'm not quite sure where to start. Other DEs (FluxBox, OpenBox, FVWM, and
FVWM-Crystal) all work.

When I attempt the LXDE login, the PCBSD Isotope Edition (default
wallpaper) stays there and it looks like I'm getting the default OpenBox DE
(the right-click menus are the same).

Thanks very much!
Bridger