[PC-BSD Testing] Printer search function broken?

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 27 03:41:24 PDT 2012

Just bought a new Epson ME-340 printer (http://www.openprinting.org/printer/Epson/Epson-ME_340_Series) but the system doesn't recognize it and the driver search function seems broken - nothing happens even with other common printer types.

I was able to install a driver for the ME-320 which was in the list, but it's very slow and is not the full service driver available from Epson for Linux: http://www.openprinting.org/driver/epson-201101w/

Other Epson models that use the same driver are not in the printer list (ME 340, Epson Stylus NX130, Epson Stylus SX130, Epson Stylus TX130, TX133, TX135).

I installed the printer on Kubuntu just fine using this driver downloaded from Epson through the printer setup dialog search function.

The driver is available here. Several choices are listed, .rpm, .deb, etc.

Is there a way to use this driver on PCBSD?