[PC-BSD Testing] Hewlett Packard driver does not work correctly

Curt Dox tigersharke at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 13:17:23 PDT 2012

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 2:42 PM, Sven Moeller <smoeller at nichthelfer.de>wrote:

>  Am 13.03.2012 20:19, schrieb Ben H.:
>
>  Actually,  The HPLIP is built into the system.
>
> If you go to Control Panel and System Manager
>
> (The same place you go to install different desktop environments) (NOT
> APPCAFE)
>
> Then you will see under printing an option for: HPLIP
>
> Just check it and click <OK> (or <NEXT> or ...  ) and it will be added to
> the system.
>
> It's that simple... lol...  Took me 3 days to find that.
>
> System Manag[er|ment] is your Hidden Friend!
>
> Ben
> System Administrator
> bforest
> -- -- --
>
>  Just fyi:
>
> Yes, that's right, but if i remember correctly, when you have a "all in
> one" device, features like Fax and Scanning are not supported by HPLIP
> installed via System Manager. In such a case it's necessarily to install
> HPLIP by ports and activating some options (make config) before installing
> HPLIP.
>
> kind regards
> Sven

I would hope that in the future (since it doesn't seem this way now) that
there could be more than one meta-pkg that includes HPLIP, the one specific
for printers, and another for scanners/fax, and in a similar technique to
the PBI, the two coexist and share the install (if both installed) to
provide complete capability.

Later..