[PC-BSD Testing] Hewlett Packard driver does not work correctly

Sven Moeller smoeller at nichthelfer.de
Tue Mar 13 12:42:50 PDT 2012

Am 13.03.2012 20:19, schrieb Ben H.:
> Actually,  The HPLIP is built into the system.
> If you go to Control Panel and System Manager
> (The same place you go to install different desktop environments) (NOT
> APPCAFE)
> Then you will see under printing an option for: HPLIP
> Just check it and click <OK> (or <NEXT> or ...  ) and it will be added
> to the system.
> It's that simple... lol...  Took me 3 days to find that.
> System Manag[er|ment] is your Hidden Friend!
> Ben
> System Administrator
> bforest
> -- -- --

Just fyi:

Yes, that's right, but if i remember correctly, when you have a "all in
one" device, features like Fax and Scanning are not supported by HPLIP
installed via System Manager. In such a case it's necessarily to install
HPLIP by ports and activating some options (make config) before
installing HPLIP.

kind regards
Sven