[PC-BSD Testing] update mistake? v9.0

Curt Dox tigersharke at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 12:17:41 PDT 2012

Hello

Although I have mentioned this on the facebook and google pcbsd pages and
irc:

I am wondering why I just received a System Update that reverts my ccache
3.1.7 to 3.1.6. Freshports doesn't show any vulnerability or recent change
that would seem to lead us to downgrade.
I am going to let that "Update available" icon sit there and wait.
I am also dismayed (?) by the fact that this "update" seems inevitable- I
personally can ignore the notification (icon and listing) and never select
this update, but there is no way to tell the system that I have decided
this. At the very least, it seems like the process ought to be smarter in
the event that there are two updates, in the specific consecutive order
that the first update is entirely undone by the second update. This is how
it may play out with ccache. The current "update" lowers the version number
and a "repair" update would restore ccache back to its former version.

Thanks for all your hard work!