[PC-BSD Testing] Hewlett Packard driver does not work correctly

Sven Moeller smoeller at nichthelfer.de
Mon Mar 12 12:11:39 PDT 2012

Am 12.03.2012 20:02, schrieb Hans Ruhe:
> HI Guys,
>
> I have an Hewlett Packard all in one printer F2200 and configured it
> correctly. But when I want to use it for example printing out a
> document of Libre Office writer, there will be no output. Also
> scanning does not work.
>
> I am using PCBSD 64 bit with Gnome on a dual core AMD 64 with 8GB
> internal memory.
>
> Best regards,
> Hans

Hi Hans,

i have had same issue with my HP OfficeJet 6500A all in one device. The
solution for me was to compile HPLIP from ports. Before doing 'make
install' i did 'make config' and set some options which are disabled by
default, for example support for scanning. So i think the HPLIP pbi
won't support such devices as long as the needed options are disabled by
default in the HPLIP port.

kind regards
Sven