[PC-BSD Testing] AppCafe Search is inconsistent

Bridger Dyson-Smith bdysonsmith at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 05:01:38 PST 2012

hi Claive,
I'm not 100% sure here, but I think AppCafe is performing a keyword search
on all of the available text inside itself. E.g.,

A search for git | GIT pulls up every PBI with the string "git" in the PBI
title AND in the description text (so Ardour, Audacity, digiKam, etc.
appear).

It seems as though it's the same behavior as
pbi_browse -s git

@the devs - is there a way to provide the parent category name with the
PBI? E.g., in the 'git' search above,
----
Ardour (Audio)
----
Audacity (Audio)
----
etc
During some searching the other day I wanted to go back and browse the
applicable category, but I couldn't determine where the PBI "lived".

Thanks!
Bridger