[PC-BSD Testing] Killing from the gui is not working

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Tue Mar 6 10:49:36 PST 2012

On 03/03/2012 21:28, claive alvin Acedilla wrote:
> Steps to reproduce.
> 1. Run Control Panel
> 2. Double click System Manager
> 4. Double click System Manager again
> 5. Click System Manager 'x' button to close.
> 6 Notice a message will appear to force quit the application. Aree to quit
> 7. Notice the System Manager window will not quit
> 8. Notice the System Manager title bar have Killing... word on it
>
> Attached is the ps -auxc output
>
> Im using the USBLite 32-bit PCBSD 9.0 Lxde

I am unable to reproduce this.
After step 4, a second instance of the system manager opens up for me,
and clicking the "x" button to close either of them closes that window
just fine. Did the window open asking you for the root password  before
you tried to open another instance of the system manager?

Typically, when a message that asks you to "force quit" an application
appears, it means that the application has actually crashed and can't
close properly.

--
~~ Ken Moore ~~
PC-BSD/iXsystems