[PC-BSD Testing] Eclipse 3.7.0_4 PBI

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Tue Mar 6 07:13:56 PST 2012

On 03/02/2012 15:42, Ronald Georgia wrote:
> I am "running" PCBSD9.0 amd64 on an HP Compaq 7800p, 4Gig of RAM and a
> wicked big hard drive.
>
> I attempted to install Eclipse-3.7.0_4 from AppCafe and got the error
> message "An error occurred installing Eclipse. You may need to update
> this PBI manually." (See attached file eclipse-appcafe-error.png). I
> checked the /usr/pbi directory and eclipse-amd64 was not created.
>
> From the command-line I issue the following command:
> [root at rong1611-s1] ~#  pbi_add --rArch amd64 --repo 001 -r -v Eclipse
>
> After the install process I got this message:
> Extraction Finished!
> /tmp/.PBI.9164/.PBI-header.9164/post-install.sh: cannot create
> /usr/pbi/eclipse-amd64/eclipse/eclipse.ini: No such file or directory
> Installed: Eclipse-3.7.0_4
>
> Running Eclipse from the menu does not launch the application. I
> checked /usr/pbi/eclipse-amd64/.sbin and found that the eclipse script
> was missing; however the eclipse-devel file was there.
> [root at rong1611-s1] /usr/pbi/eclipse-amd64/.sbin# cp eclipse-devel eclipse
> Eclipse works.
>
> I add the icon to the desktop:
> [rgeorgia at rong1611-s1] ~> pbi_info | grep eclipse
> eclipse-3.7.0_4-amd64
> [rgeorgia at rong1611-s1] ~> pbi_icon add-desktop eclipse-3.7.0_4-amd64
>
> Installed PyDev and a host of other plugins without incident.
>
> Warning: Using Help -> Check for Updates and selecting the available
> updates and installing them will cause Eclipse to not launch. Still
> working on why that is happening.
>
> r0n ge0rgia
> John 13:23

Thanks for the report!

I just fixed the AppCafe issue, it should allow Eclipse to be installed
now (needed root permissions, but flag was not set). You might want to
give it 24 hours for the changes to get pushed to the mirrors before
trying it out.

I also just fixed the desktop/menu entries to point to "eclipse-devel"
rather than "eclipse". Once the PBI rebuilds, they should work fine.

If you come across anything else that needs to be fixed with it, let us
know!

--
~~ Ken Moore ~~
PC-BSD/iXsystems