[PC-BSD Testing] JrDesktop and PCManFM are categorized as Archivers in AppCafe

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Tue Mar 6 04:50:59 PST 2012

On 03/05/2012 23:35, Tigersharke . wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 9:33 PM, claive alvin Acedilla
> <cabpacedilla at gmail.com <mailto:cabpacedilla at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Tigersharke, : ))
>     Can JrDesktop also do archiving?
>

>     On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 10:54 PM, Tigersharke .
>     <tigersharke at gmail.com <mailto:tigersharke at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>         On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 1:45 PM, claive alvin Acedilla
>         <cabpacedilla at gmail.com <mailto:cabpacedilla at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>             I just now realize I can compress files inside PCManFM
>

>             On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 10:31 PM, claive alvin Acedilla
>             <cabpacedilla at gmail.com <mailto:cabpacedilla at gmail.com>>
>             wrote:
>
>                 JrDesktop and PCManFM are categorized as Archivers in
>                 AppCafe
>                 JrDesktop is remote desktop software and PCManFM is a
>                 file manager.
>
>                 Im using the USBLite 32-bit PCBSD 9.0 Lxde

>         I would still agree with your earlier comment, since the
>         primary function of PCManFM is as a file manager. :)

> According to the jrDesktop description, it includes file transfer and
> data compression, but its primary purpose is as a java-based "remote
> desktop" server/client. I assume that any compression feature is not
> accessible without a functioning server-client/client link (which I
> have not yet accomplished).
>
> It also has some small GUI issues- in xfce, its windows cannot be
> resized, and not everything is perfectly visible in the jrDesktop main
> window.
>
> There is some discrepancy about its name: in AppCafe (browse) the main
> app title is JrDesktop, but the description starts with jrdesktop, and
> also lists author as jrDesktop team. In AppCafe (Installed), it lists
> jrdesktop. The official website says: Java Remote Desktop - jrDesktop,
> so I would recommend all references be adjusted to jrDesktop.
>
> Thanks everyone for all your efforts!

Thanks for catching those errors:
I just fixed jrDesktop to have the proper capitalization in all the
descriptions/uses and moved it to the Network category.

PCManFM got moved to the x11-fm category.

Generally if you see something like that, it just means that something
(such as the category in this case) was not set properly in the
application meta-data file.
Let me know if you spot any other errors like this!

--
~~ Ken Moore ~~
PC-BSD/iXsystems