[PC-BSD Testing] JrDesktop and PCManFM are categorized as Archivers in AppCafe

Tigersharke . tigersharke at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 20:35:37 PST 2012

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 9:33 PM, claive alvin Acedilla <
cabpacedilla at gmail.com> wrote:

> Tigersharke, : ))
> Can JrDesktop also do archiving?
>

> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 10:54 PM, Tigersharke . <tigersharke at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 1:45 PM, claive alvin Acedilla <
>> cabpacedilla at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I just now realize I can compress files inside PCManFM

>> I would still agree with your earlier comment, since the primary function
>> of PCManFM is as a file manager. :)

According to the jrDesktop description, it includes file transfer and data
compression, but its primary purpose is as a java-based "remote desktop"
server/client. I assume that any compression feature is not accessible
without a functioning server-client/client link (which I have not yet
accomplished).

It also has some small GUI issues- in xfce, its windows cannot be resized,
and not everything is perfectly visible in the jrDesktop main window.

There is some discrepancy about its name: in AppCafe (browse) the main app
title is JrDesktop, but the description starts with jrdesktop, and also
lists author as jrDesktop team. In AppCafe (Installed), it lists jrdesktop.
The official website says: Java Remote Desktop - jrDesktop, so I would
recommend all references be adjusted to jrDesktop.

Thanks everyone for all your efforts!