[PC-BSD Testing] Halting AppCafe download results in an installed PBI

Bridger Dyson-Smith bdysonsmith at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 14:50:12 PST 2012

hi List --

I started to install VirtualBox and then stopped the installation (hi-light
the download, click remove, and then select "yes" in the resulting Cancel
this download dialog). However, I came back later (plugged in the ethernet
cable for the download :) but AppCafe said that VirtualBox was already
installed.

I deleted /usr/pbi/virtualbox-amd64 and rebooted, but AppCafe maintained
that the PBI was installed. Using # pbi_add --rArch amd64 --repo 001 -f -r
VirtualBox worked, but is the above expected behavior for the AppCafe?

Also, my initial attempt from the command line was:
# pbi_add --rArch amd64 --repo 001 -r VirtualBox
with a resulting error message:
pbi_add: VirtualBox 4.1.8 is already installed! Use -f to force
installation.
so the cli tools thought VirtualBox was installed despite the halted
download.

Additionally, pbi_add downloaded the pbi twice -- I'm sure there's an
excellent reason for that behavior, but it also would have saved about 30
minutes. :)

Thanks very much!
Cheers,
Bridger