[PC-BSD Testing] First impression of PC-BSD snapshot with Xorg 7.5.2

Arthur Koziol A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Fri Mar 2 09:36:21 PST 2012

Kris,

I just installed the x86 snapshot on an Optiplex 960 and man is it
snappy. I'm blown away by the responsiveness of menus and desktop
overall. OpenGL is amazing now.

I didn't have the issues disk issues Mehmet had so not sure what's up
with that. The new installer takes some getting used to and isn't as
intuitive as the previous one was but it's very slick looking. I know
the KMS/DRM work is ongoing but they've made insane progress. Super
kudos on the work done already.

regards,
Arthur