[PC-BSD Testing] Various Issues

Jacob Daniels jacob.dan1984 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 01:59:37 PDT 2012

Kris this the output of sndsat:

pcm0: <NVIDIA (0x001c) HDA CODEC PCM (HDMI/DP 8ch)> (play)
pcm1: <NVIDIA (0x001c) HDA CODEC PCM (HDMI/DP 8ch)> (play)
pcm2: <VIA VT1708S_0 HDA CODEC PCM (Analog 7.1+HP/2.0)> (play/rec) default
pcm3: <VIA VT1708S_0 HDA CODEC PCM (Digital)> (play)
pcm4: <VIA VT1708S_0 HDA CODEC PCM (Rear-panel Digital)> (play)
pcm5: <USB audio> (play/rec)

But it (pcm5) does not show up in the sound configuation menu from the task
bar,  only pcm2 which is my onboard input

Also the reason I am writing about this is solely because I usually use my
headset to make calls to my Family in Texas and aboard.. but there is no
Google Talk... that additional software you download from Gmail's inbox,
when you click on the make a call button

Would it be legal for some one to make the plugin and it's contents
compatible with bsd somehow,(getting proper permissions, etc) or is that up
to Google alone?

I could use the skype package, if it is not possible

Thanks!