[PC-BSD Testing] [PC-BSD Announce] 9-STABLE 20120622 - Now available!

Curt Dox tigersharke at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 12:38:56 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 2:26 PM, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org> wrote:

>  On 06/25/2012 15:24, Curt Dox wrote:
>

> On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 2:15 PM, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org> wrote:
>
>>   On 06/25/2012 15:14, Curt Dox wrote:
>>
>>  Hey there..
>>
>> I just noticed that the archives and directories are currently named with
>> "20120225" rather than the intended (today) release of "20120625".  Also,
>> what changed between 0621/0622 and 0625?
>>
>> Thanks for your time!

>> Its just a date stamp. It was finished on 20120622, but announced today
>> at 20120625. Same files and everything :)
>>

>> --
>> Kris Moore
>> PC-BSD Software
>> iXsystems

> Okay, but the date is still wrong. :P  Somehow it is stamped as February
> not June.
>
> ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/snapshots/9.0-STABLE-20120225/amd64/

> Oh, that's a super old snapshot on the FTP server. You want these:
>
> ftp://mirrors.isc.org/pub/pcbsd/9-STABLE-20120622
>

> --
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software
> iXsystems

> Haha.. I see my mistake. Perhaps a little organizing on ftp.pcbsd.orgsite to make 'snapshots'  into an archive directory?

When I have read the FreeBSD list, and someone has an issue with version
'today' of a release, the method to track down the change that caused the
breakage/failure is to then try version 'yesterday' then version 'last
week' followed by 'last month' etc. Test older versions until whatever
broke starts to work again, then it will be known which version and what
changes can be narrowed to the final cause of the breakage/failure.

This snapshot archive directory would be especially helpful for those who
may miss an update in the series or jump into the process at any point (ie.
being unaware of any prior versions which may or may not have worked due to
unknown changes).

Thank you!