[PC-BSD Testing] Warden and PC-BSD Control panel one-off crashes

Ben Milman ben at ixsystems.com
Thu Jun 14 14:54:55 PDT 2012

Hi,

Today while playing around with the 20120605 snapshot I experienced some
system utility crashes. I'm using LXDE in Virtualbox without guest tools on
a single core with 1GB of RAM.

First: The Warden. I tried to create a new port jail on the warden, at some
point during the download it froze. when I tried to close the window it
gave the not responding - end process prompt which I clicked, however the
windows did not disappear even after an extended length of time.

While that was happening, I played around with the control panel. I clicked
the desktop manger selector in the control panel and clicked the option for
KDE (which I do not have installed). At this point the control panel window
also hung and when closed, gave the same end process prompt and then failed
to close.

I logged out of the system at this point and upon logging back in was
unable to reproduce the crashes. If they recur I will report further.

Ben