Sam Lin semin2006 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 04:12:05 PDT 2012

On 14 June 2012 01:26, <testing-request at lists.pcbsd.org> wrote:

> Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 08:11:47 -0400
> From: Ken Moore <ken at pcbsd.org>
> To: testing at lists.pcbsd.org
> Subject: Re: [PC-BSD Testing] Extremely tiny font in xfce4
>

> On 06/13/2012 02:02, Sam Lin wrote:
> > Hi Lars,
> >
> > Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it does not work. It just gave me
> > an error message as follows:
> >
> > xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default.
> >
> > And those applications still have the same tiny fonts after restarting
> > them.
> >
> > Probably it's time to re-install the whole PCBSD system on this old
> > laptop as it's really too hard for my eyes to read through such tiny
> > fonts...
> >
> > Regards,
> > Sam
> >
> > On 12 June 2012 07:00, <testing-request at lists.pcbsd.org
> > <mailto:testing-request at lists.pcbsd.org>> wrote:
> >

> >     Message: 1
> >     Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 13:18:12 +0200
> >     From: Lars Engels <lars.engels at 0x20.net <mailto:lars.engels at 0x20.net
> >>
> >     To: PC-BSD Testing list <testing at lists.pcbsd.org
> >     <mailto:testing at lists.pcbsd.org>>
> >     Cc: support at lists.pcbsd.org <mailto:support at lists.pcbsd.org>
> >     Subject: Re: [PC-BSD Testing] Extremely tiny font in xfce4
> >
> >     On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 08:25:16PM +1200, Sam Lin wrote:
> >     > Hi PCBSDers,
> >     >
> >     > I am using PCBSD 9.0 on my 8-year old (!) laptop with xfce4
> >     being the
> >     > desktop. It has been generally okay - until tonight. When I
> >     launch PCBSD it
> >     > tonight appears that the font in some applications becomes
> >     extremely tiny.
> >     > I am not sure what's happening here but it's not everything but
> >     only some
> >     > applications in this system suffer the symptom. For what I meant by
> >     > extremely tiny font please see the attached screen shot.
> >     >
> >     > Some suffered applications I have found so far are:
> >     >
> >     > - AppCafe
> >     > - Opera
> >     > - PCBSD Control Panel
> >     > - kchmviewer
> >     > - digiKam
> >     > - EasyPBI
> >     > - VLC
> >     >
> >     > Haven't tried out all applications in this system but it looks
> >     like quite a
> >     > few stuff related with kde are affected, although some other
> >     PBIs have also
> >     > been affected e.g. Opera and VLC.
> >     >
> >     > I am not sure if this is something similar to this old post [
> >     > http://forums.pcbsd.org/showthread.php?t=8908], but what could
> have
> >     > triggered this issue? Any solution to this symptom?
> >
> >     I don't know what's causing this but you can try to change your DPI
> >     settings:

> [...]

Strangely enough, I didn't turn on the old laptop with xfce4 yesterday, and
was just about to re-install the whole system tonight. Then I noted that
all those tiny font's are now back to normal for no reason - I haven't even
started re-installing the system yet.

This is really bizarre...

Regards,
Sam