[PC-BSD Testing] pcbsd- snapshot-20120605 - font rendering

user10508 at gmail.com user10508 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 10:33:03 PDT 2012

Font rendering has obviously changed in this snapshot; to my eyes font
spacing (ems), are reduced, and font weight, heavy, is now more
qt/kde-ish.

Fine, however I run gnome and prefer gtk spacing and weight. How can I
undo the changes made in this snapshot.

Firefox menus are particularly unpleasant to my eyes.

As an aside, I realize that user preferences, what is pleasing to the
eye, vary from user to user.

This would be a great option on the installer; what I call the linux
font preference - heavy weight - as in ubuntu, fedora and most other
distributions versus the original freebsd font rendering - with
freetype2 bytecode interpreter and subpixel lcd rendering enabled, which
results in a lighter weight font with better definition.