[PC-BSD Testing] Extremely tiny font in xfce4

Sam Lin semin2006 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 01:25:16 PDT 2012

Hi PCBSDers,

I am using PCBSD 9.0 on my 8-year old (!) laptop with xfce4 being the
desktop. It has been generally okay - until tonight. When I launch PCBSD it
tonight appears that the font in some applications becomes extremely tiny.
I am not sure what's happening here but it's not everything but only some
applications in this system suffer the symptom. For what I meant by
extremely tiny font please see the attached screen shot.

Some suffered applications I have found so far are:

- AppCafe
- Opera
- PCBSD Control Panel
- kchmviewer
- digiKam
- EasyPBI
- VLC

Haven't tried out all applications in this system but it looks like quite a
few stuff related with kde are affected, although some other PBIs have also
been affected e.g. Opera and VLC.

I am not sure if this is something similar to this old post [
http://forums.pcbsd.org/showthread.php?t=8908], but what could have
triggered this issue? Any solution to this symptom?

Cheers,
Sam