[PC-BSD Testing] First Boot Wizard Bug

Ben Milman ben at ixsystems.com
Fri Jun 8 13:09:49 PDT 2012

Installed the 20120605 snapshot in virtualbox with LXDE and Guest Tools,
experienced the following bug:

In the first boot wizard, pressing "back" on a page where the "next" button
is disabled results in the previous page also having "next" disabled (even
if the inputs there are valid) and the user being unable to proceed. I
found that changing the language and then changing it back works as a
workaround because it reloads the window. Alternatively, rendering the
input on the page invalid and then valid again (such as removing and
re-entering the root password) will cause the next button to be enabled
again, however pages with no way to send a signal to enable the next button
cannot be fixed in that way.

Steps to reproduce:

1. From the first install wizard, press "next" twice to proceed to the root
password page.
2. Press "back" once to return to the time zone page.
Result: "Next" button remains disabled
Expected result: Next button is re-enabled because the input on the page is
valid.

If I'm needed to file this bug on trac, let me know and I will do so.

Thanks,
Ben