[PC-BSD Testing] System Ports Clobbering and LDAP oh my!

Eric Crist ecrist at secure-computing.net
Wed Jun 6 14:50:43 PDT 2012

On Jun 6, 2012, at 16:37:11, Kris Moore wrote:

> I've added those extra ports to our base-install, so they don't get
> removed during the upgrade process. Did you have any other custom files
> getting clobbered outside the pam.d directories? I've made sure they are
> preserved now.

Kris,

I don't recall now, but the way we do things, $PREFIX/etc/openldap/ldap.conf gets symlinked to $PREFIX/etc/ldap.conf, and $PREFIX/etc/nss_ldap.conf gets symlinked to $PREFIX/etc/ldap.conf as well.  At this point, I don't recall if I had to restore those or not.  If I had to bet, I didn't have to fix those links.

-----
Eric F Crist