[PC-BSD Testing] Xorg unloads radeon module because KMS is enabled

Mads Worsøe Duun mads at worsoe.dk
Sun Jun 3 02:45:30 PDT 2012

> Have you discussed this with anybody on the FreeBSD xorg mailing list?
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-x11/
>
> This seems like something the xorg maintainers would be aware of, and
> possibly have a work-around for.
>
> In freebsd-x11 they told me that libdrm probably is build using
WITH_KMS=YES, and that may be a problem on non Intel cards. Today I will
try to build xorg with WITH_NEW_XORG=YES and WITH_KMS=YES on a clean
FreeBSD, and see what happens. Btw. I guess Dru has told you about the
Solaris-like beadm http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=31662,
http://www.freshports.org/sysutils/beadm/. This is pretty smart for this
xorg test, as I can roll back to the previous beadm as if nothing was
changed.

Mads Worsøe Duun