[PC-BSD Testing] pc-controlpanel child processes cannot exit

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Fri Jul 27 10:56:41 PDT 2012

On 07/27/2012 13:01, claive alvin Acedilla wrote:
> Run Contro Panel.
> Type in terminal ps aux | grep pc-
> Notice only one instance of pc-controlpanel.
> Run categories in Control panel like System Manager, Service Manager, etc.
> Type in terminal ps aux | grep pc-
> Notice that there are now many instances of pc-controlpanel.
> Close the opened categories.
> Type in terminal ps aux | grep pc-
> Notice that there are still pc-controlpanel instances running
>
> Im using PCBSD 91 Beta1 DVD i386 UFS LXDE

I'm not seeing the problem here. When I run pc-controlpanel, there are
the normal two instances in ps -auwwx | grep pc-controlpanel. When I
open an app, it forks a process to start the new utility. (like appcafe,
or system-manager). When I close appcafe or system manager, the new
pc-controlpanel fork goes away, and puts us back to two processes.