[PC-BSD Testing] /usr became full after installing PC-BSD 9.1 Beta1 DVD on 8 GB disk

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Thu Jul 26 14:27:20 PDT 2012

On 07/26/2012 17:02, Julian Elischer wrote:
> On 7/26/12 12:44 PM, Dewey Hylton wrote:
>> indeed. after choosing trueos and installing a handful of ports i'm
>> still using less than 800MB. :)
>
> what's trueos?
>
> did a quick look around and failed to find a reference

TrueOS is our re-branded "PC-BSD Server", its essentially a FreeBSD
server console, with extra ports such as ZFS "beadm" and "bash" for
linux users.  It also supports adding optional packages, like samba,
apache, mysql, during the installation. It also includes our CLI
utilities of "warden" and pbi / update manager, etc. It's on the
9.1-BETA1 image for testing now.