[PC-BSD Testing] Thin Client Desktop Server black screen

Andreas Hotz aufderalb at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 24 04:00:12 PDT 2012

2012/7/23 Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org>

> On 07/21/2012 12:16, Andreas Hotz wrote:
>
> Hallo again !
>
>  I'm not able to see a GDM Window, after configure xorg with sucess on
> my Thin Client !
>
>  Only see a black window ! ! !
>
>  After strg+alt F1, F2, F3 I'm happy to see even a + moving on my black
> screen with my mouse !
> Further I'm able to login in a shell with strg+alt+F2 ! but I need a
> desktop...
>
>  Thanks again
>

>  Mit Dank
>
>  Andreas Hotz

> Did you enable remote XDMCP for Xorg yet? You may need to do so in Control
> Panel -> GDM Config
>
> --
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software
> iXsystems

Hallo again, thanks for your answer !

I almost did enable XDMCP.

Could it be:
Could not not update ICEauthority file
> /usr/local/etc/gdm/home/.ICEauthority'
and:
/usr/local/libexec/gconf-sanity-check-2 ended with 'status 256'.
at startup at my host, which is another problem of mine in 9.1 beta1 ?
( I have to return 2 times on every start up :( !

Thanks a lot for your
support

Andreas Hotz