[PC-BSD Testing] 9.1-BETA1 upgrade problem

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Fri Jul 20 13:04:49 PDT 2012

Kris wrote:
> > I copied /etc/rc.backup to /etc/rc and rebooted the box - seems OK after
> > that (although I don't know that my /etc/rc is at the correct revision).
> >
> > If more info is needed please let me know.
> >

> Sounds like it failed extracting the new files.. Can you check /root, is
> there a pcbsd-system-upgrade.log file there? Can you send that over?

[root at pcbsd-4650] ~root# grep -v '^x ' pcbsd-system-upgrade.log | less
Starting system upgrade to 9.1-BETA1 - Thu Jul 19 05:08:44 PDT 2012
Extracting kernel and boot environment...
Copying kernel and boot environment...
Extracting updated world environment...
Installing system packages...
[root at pcbsd-4650] ~root#