[PC-BSD Testing] Gnome on beta 1- intermittent issues

Ben Milman ben at ixsystems.com
Thu Jul 19 13:37:57 PDT 2012

My virtualized 64-bit ZFS PC-BSD 9.1 beta 1 in virtualbox on Win7 includes
all the desktops (although not all the sub packages for KDE and GNOME).
I've experienced intermittent issues with some of the default desktop
widgets on Gnome; so far the clock and the "show desktop" widgets have
failed to load once each on a login right after boot, offering me the
opportunity to delete the widgets. Both returned to expected functionality
upon logging out and back in. I don't have a controllable reproduction
case, but I thought I'd mention it in case other are experiencing similar
issues.

Ben