[PC-BSD Testing] Testing 9.1 Beta on AMD64 8GB internal running Gnome desktop

Hans Ruhe hansruhe1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 13:02:44 PDT 2012

Hi to you all,

I just installed the 9.1 beta 1 and here are the first results of the jury
:-)

I am getting announcements at booting: Mouse is not working at first boot.
Configurationserver is not working.

Also good news, my USB drive a 500GB Samsung external is working properly
now :-) I tested it also with the Exaile music player and my music files
where perfectly imported from the USB Samsung.
Flash player is not working in Firefox.

When installing new applications from the App cafe I do not get a proper
icon for instance for Opera or any other application. I understand that it
is now (or not) the meaning that after you start an installed application
you set it as being trusted.
When I did that the proper Icon did appear !

I am running PCBSD 9.1 on a AMD 64 with an Asus motherboard 8GB internal
memory and the Gnome desktop !

Best regards,
Hans