[PC-BSD Testing] Mouse cursor no longer responds after choosing higher resolution during setup, after initial install

Jacob Daniels jacob.dan1984 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 07:28:10 PDT 2012

Hi, Kris, I just decided to install pc-bsd another box, duplicate
configuration and after I chose a different resolution, other than the
default, the mouse cursor froze ,while the keyboard still functioned

The mouse in question is a logitech usb mouse and I have been able to
duplicate this error, with a generic Dynex(Best Buy brand) which is also a
usb mouse
but when using an old ps/2 mouse with microsoft branding, there is no issue

Also, a bit off topic,but i need to conclude and verify if this a  greater
issue with my hardware:

on my other (main) rig, which I first installed and experienced bsd on some
times the cursor suddenly disappears from the screen and I did some testing
and it's not distro specific(happens on sabayon,debian and pc-bsd),nor
related to the mouse it self, tried 2 usb mice and two ps/2 mice making me
think it's not the mice itself but maybe the mother board...

Would anyone concur with this reasoning?

Please Advise!

Thanks!