Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Tue Jul 10 09:41:35 PDT 2012

On 07/10/2012 05:55, Jacob Daniels wrote:
> -snip-
> But I am getting other errors such as the various PBI startup
> icons/links not being trusted, those include PBI-xchat.desktop ,
> PBI-opera.desktop and PBI-virtualbox.desktop
>
> It seems anything installed via PBI does not get menu and desktop
> listings updated automatically, nor correctly
>
> where would the pbi installation log, be found so I can post it here?
> -snip-

It sounds like you are using KDE and it is warning you that the PBI
desktop/menu entries are "untrusted" before you run them. Is this a good
summary? If so, I think this is just a security feature within KDE, that
any new desktop/menu icon is "untrusted" until you run it once and say
that you trust it. It should be changed to a "trusted" application after
running it once, so I do not think it is a problem with the PBI's
themselves, but just getting used to this KDE security feature.

As for desktop/menu listings getting "updated" automatically/correctly,
I am not sure what you are referring to exactly. Do you mean that when a
PBI gets updated, the desktop/menu entries are not being updated to
match (I.E. in the situation when the program binary changes between PBI
versions)?

I do not think that there is an official PBI installation "log". Running
"pbi_add -r <name>" will fetch and install the PBI, and any
strange/additional debugging info will be displayed in the terminal
during that installation.

--
~~ Ken Moore ~~
PC-BSD/iXsystems