[PC-BSD Testing] 64bit OpenOffice PBI launch by icon fails

Curt Dox tigersharke at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 12:59:40 PDT 2012

Hello,

I just heard on irc that the new Apache Open Office PBI couldn't launch
from the desktop.  I had recently installed it myself, so I verified the
problem and then looked at the details in the icon to discover any obvious
mistake.  Since everything seemed okay, I had to go to its pbi directory to
discover the appropriate executable to add to the path.  I don't know if
the same is true for the 32bit version, or for the localized versions, but
below are my findings.

The desktop icon (launcher) has an *inaccurate path*:
/usr/pbi/apacheopenoffice-amd64/.sbin/*soffice*

The proper path for the launcher is: */usr/pbi/apacheopenoffice-amd64/.sbin/
openoffice-3.4.0
*

Thanks for your time and efforts!