[PC-BSD Testing] USB Memory Stick and DVD not mounted

Sven Moeller smoeller at nichthelfer.de
Tue Jan 31 13:16:19 PST 2012

Hi,

on a freshly installed PC-BSD 9.0 (using KDE) a 8GB USB Memory Stick
won't be mounted automatically. The device doesn't show up in Dolphin
nor in the Device Notifier of KDE. dmesg shows that the kernel has
recognized the device at all. Maybe it's an HALD issue? How can i try to
track this down?

A data DVD (udf filesystem, Win7 install media) couldn't be mounted
because of an error like "freedesktop.org HAL error invalid argument
/dev/cd0". I guess this is an error by HALD or mount_udf? I tested this
in KDE and XFCE. In both i got same results. Maybe some has an idea to
solve this?

Sven