[PC-BSD Testing] Upgrade question

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 23 05:27:26 PST 2012

Thanks for the advice.  Last time I think I just copied over certain directories and likely missed some important ones - bad idea.

Would it be better to compress each jail to a .wdn file to import later or can I simply tar the /usr/local/warden/jails/ directory and move it over to the new install?

...Jeff

>________________________________

    back to the system and extract the bits I needed:

>% tar xvf home-bak.tgz .mozilla
>
>That gets your firefox stuff back, same can be done with
    .thunderbird, etc. Just be warned, you may need to remake the flash
    plugin with "flashpluginctl off && flashpluginctl on" to get
    the latest one for 9.

>As for the jails, I would simple back those up in the same manner to
    a tar file, and move them to the new system to re-enable them. BTW,
    are those jails still running 7.x? You may want to update those as
    some point as well :)