[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 9 amd64

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Thu Jan 19 11:41:05 PST 2012

On 01/19/2012 03:17, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I finally got lucky - that PC-BSD 9 agreed to install on my Lenovo T61
> and seems to be running well.
>
> However, I have noticed three problems so far.
>
> 1. Using AppCafe, any application I try to update/install fails. The
> download kinda starts but fails immediately. The error msg "An error
> occurred wile installing $appname. You may need to update this PBI
> manually".
That sounds like the download is failing each time. Is the net up and
working? You can also change the PBI mirror via AppCafe -> Repos ->
Configure, just in case the issue is you can't get to the one selected.

> 2. My Ethernet interface fails to start completely, so I have to use
> my WLAN. My Ethernet is em0. Whyit fails to start is what beats me.
> It's been running fine with Linux Mint and Windows 8 Preview
> (installed on another disk which I swap with the one on which PC-BSD
> is installed.
That is odd, run this command, do you see any error / weird messages?

dmesg | grep em0

> 3. I have a Huawe E1820 dongle which I'd love to use, but I cannot
> figure out what is required to get it going.

Do you get a device name when you plug it in? FWIW, I found this online: