[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 9 NVIDIA

Arthur Koziol A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Thu Jan 19 07:20:54 PST 2012

On 01/19/2012 9:14 AM, Andreas Hotz wrote:
> Hallo out there,
>
> I have a problem with the nvidia driver with a GT 240,
> connected with HDMI plug
> an a 32* TV Screen ! (PC-BSD 9 final)
>
> I configured everything fine in Nvidia settings in the
> configuration tool with root permission in Gnome2 !
>
> After reboot and log in, the calibration on the screen is
> not correct ! ( mean top/bottom panel disappeared the half )
>
> But then, when I opened the nvidia settings in configuration
> with root permission, look, everything´s alright !!! ( still if I closed
> the setting window, not when log out/in again )
>
> Maybe someone has a solution, because I like the PC-BSD
> 9 run on my TV Computer :-) !
>
> Thanks for support !
>
> Andreas Hotz

Although TVs these days have VGA and HDMI hookups, they don't always act
like traditional monitors and you should not expect them to. They are
TVs first and foremost, not desktop monitors. On rare occasions with the
Samsungs I deal with, they have firmware updates to them that can
*sometimes* make them work better with certain input sources so you may
want to investigate that for your TV. Check also to see what the refresh
rate is that's being output on the video source. 60Hz is standard.

Arthur