[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 9 amd64

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 00:17:04 PST 2012

Hi,

I finally got lucky - that PC-BSD 9 agreed to install on my Lenovo T61 and
seems to be running well.

However, I have noticed three problems so far.

1. Using AppCafe, any application I try to update/install fails. The
download kinda starts but fails immediately. The error msg "An error
occurred wile installing $appname. You may need to update this PBI
manually".
2. My Ethernet interface fails to start completely, so I have to use my
WLAN. My Ethernet is em0. Whyit fails to start is what beats me. It's been
running fine with Linux Mint and Windows 8 Preview (installed on another
disk which I swap with the one on which PC-BSD is installed.
3. I have a Huawe E1820 dongle which I'd love to use, but I cannot figure
out what is required to get it going.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,