[PC-BSD Testing] Tellico PBI - crash during import collection attempt

Łukasz pickman at wp.pl
Tue Jan 17 14:19:55 PST 2012

2012/1/17 Ken Moore <ken at pcbsd.org>:
> On 01/14/2012 17:42, Łukasz wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>  I installed tellico pbi, but when I'm trying to import my books
>> collection it crashes:
>>>
>>> /usr/pbi/tellico-amd64/.sbin/tellico
>>
>> tellico(94671)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "edit_undo"
>> with KXMLGUIFactory!
>> tellico(94671)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "edit_redo"
>> with KXMLGUIFactory!
>> tellico(94671)/kdecore (trader): KMimeTypeTrader: couldn't find
>> service type "KParts/ReadOnlyPart"
>> Please ensure that the .desktop file for it is installed; then run
>> kbuildsycoca4.
>> tellico(94671)/kdecore (trader) mimeTypeSycocaServiceOffers:
>> KMimeTypeTrader: mimeType "image/png" not found
>> tellico(94671)/kdecore (trader): KMimeTypeTrader: couldn't find
>> service type "Application"
>> Please ensure that the .desktop file for it is installed; then run
>> kbuildsycoca4.
>>
>> <Here I choose to import collection>
>>
>> KCrash: Application 'tellico' crashing...
>> KCrash: Attempting to start  from kdeinit
>> sock_file=/home/plluksie/.kde4/socket-volkov/kdeinit4__0
>> KCrash: Attempting to start  directly
>> KCrash failed to exec(), errno = 2
>>
>> Any idea?
>> Best regards / Pozdrawiam
>> Łukasz
>
> What window manager and PCBSD version are you using? The first section of
> terminal output (before the import) is fairly common for KDE apps but
> doesn't effect the operation of the program at all. I am not seeing much
> error handling after the import that is useful (except that it crashed...).
>
> I will test this out on my system here soon, but since I don't have an old
> collection to import, I am not sure how well it is going to work out.
>
> --
> ~~ Ken Moore ~~
> PC-BSD/iXsystems

It is PC-BSD 9.0 amd64 + KDE (there is also windowmaker + scrotwm
installed, but it should not have influence).
I truss'ed the program, but it doesn't provide anything new.
If you want to test it on your own - there is no need to have old
collection. It should be enough that you just choose that option from
the menu.
When I will have some more time I'll rebuild the port and see if it will work.

Best regards / Pozdrawiam
Łukasz