[PC-BSD Testing] EasyPBI - feature request (?)

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Tue Jan 17 11:08:04 PST 2012

On 01/16/2012 18:21, Łukasz wrote:
> Hello,
>   Is it possible to build a port, including some, but not all
> additional plugins/options. Let's say I would like to build claws-mail
> with spam filter, etc.
> Does EasyPBI supports that?
>
> Best regards / Pozdrawiam
> Łukasz
At this time, you would need to add additional ports or make options
into a PBI module by hand.
For your example:
1) Use EasyPBI to create a module for mail/claws-mail
2) Open up (home-dir)/EasyPBI/Modules/claws-mail/pbi.conf
3) Edit the PBI_MAKEOPTS line to read:
[PBI_MAKEOPTS="WITH_SPAMASSASSIN=yes"] (quotes needed)
4) Save the file and then use that module to build your PBI with EasyPBI

I have thought about adding this type of functionality to EasyPBI in the
past, but it is quite difficult to automatically detect the exact build
options that are available for a given port without looking at the
MakeFile for the port (in our example freshports only lists SPAMASSASSIN
as a make option, the actual makefile shows the actual variable that
needs to be set is WITH_SPAMASSASSIN).

While this is not impossible functionality to add, it will take quite a
bit to get working right, so I decided to get other aspects of EasyPBI
working properly first. Eventually I probably will come back and revamp
how EasyPBI lets you edit the pbi.conf of the module, but it might not
be for a little while.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

--
~~ Ken Moore ~~