[PC-BSD Testing] Make a PBI / EasyPBI 1.0 - fails to build port

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Tue Jan 17 05:17:07 PST 2012

On 01/17/2012 02:35, Łukasz wrote:
> Hello,
>   I'm testing EasyPBI on PC-BSD 9.0 amd64, ports in /usr/ports. When I
> attempt to build any PBI I'm getting following error :
> ***
> This libgtop was compiled on FreeBSD 9.0-RC3 amd64
> If you see strange problems caused by it,
> you should recompile libgtop and dependent applications
> Fetching FreeBSD chroot environment... This may take a while...
> fetch: ftp://ftp.free.org/pub/PC-BSD//amd64/netinstall/fbsd-release.tbz:
> File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
> fetch: ftp://ftp.free.org/pub/PC-BSD//amd64/netinstall/fbsd-release.tbz.md5:
> File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
> md5: rel.tbz: No such file or directory
> cat: rel.md5: No such file or directory
> pbi_makeport: Error in download data, checksum mismatch.. Please try
> again later.
>
> LibGTop-Server:
> pid 36959 received eof.
> ***
> It seems fetch argument should have following form:
> fetch: ftp://ftp.free.org/pub/PC-BSD/9.0/amd64/netinstall/fbsd-release.tbz
> instead of:
> fetch: ftp://ftp.free.org/pub/PC-BSD//amd64/netinstall/fbsd-release.tbz
>
> I changed repository, but this didn't help.
> I'll appreciate any hint...
>
> Best regards / Pozdrawiam
> Łukasz
This is a known bug with EasyPBI version 1.0 (in PBI form) and has
already been corrected in the PCBSD-Projects/EasyPBI repository and
tagged version 1.1, but it has not been updated in ports yet.

As a workaround, if you start EasyPBI from the command line (just run
"EasyPBI") and then try to build a PBI it will still fail, but it will
print the command to build the PBI in the terminal output. Quit EasyPBI
and run that command manually from the command line and it will work
properly. After that, you should be able to use EasyPBI normally,
without any further issues or command line usage.

--
~~ Ken Moore ~~
PC-BSD/iXsystems