[PC-BSD Testing] Some boot screens..

Jay Patel rockworldmi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 20:56:58 PST 2012

>I just try to merge back my kernels boot menu and clear timeout with new
>graphical boot loader, so I'll touch loader.conf, beastie.4th and
>bootloader theme files. If you provide images for loader menu and boot
>splash in single style, I can add it.
>Currently I use variant of current boot splash (with smaller loago) for
>boot menu.

Yuri ..i will share more screen like the one i shared...but mine .pcx
version doesn't seem to work will check that and share it ..both .bmp
and .pcx version for loader menu and boot splash.

> That looks pretty cool! Have you tried playing with these boot-screens?
> You can manually enable it now on 9.0 for testing, then perhaps we can roll
> it into 9.1.
>

> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/boot-blocks.html#BOOT-SPLASH
>

> --
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software
> iXsystems

Thanks for the link.will try to use it..when i tried to use the shared
.pcx it said that .pcx is not supported .so will try to export with
various settings and see if it accepts it or not ...and will try it on
RELEASE version as i was trying it on RC3 before..
..

Regards,

Jay.