[PC-BSD Testing] problem with mirrors

Hakisho Nukama nukama at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 16 14:05:17 PST 2012

2012/1/9 Hakisho Nukama <nukama at googlemail.com>:
> 2012/1/9 Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org>:

>>> It is also possible to upgrade to RELEASE from RC1 or even some BETA
>>> versions of PCBSD-9?
>>>
>>> Best Regards
>>> Hakisho Nukama
>>>
>> Yea, I can tag those as having an update to RELEASE as well, I was
>> planning on doing RC1, RC2, RC3, do you need beta versions flagged as well?
>>
>> --
>> Kris Moore
>> PC-BSD Software
>> iXsystems

> Not for me, but maybe some stray beta versions like to grow up to
> RELEASE status.
>
> Best Regards
> Hakisho Nukama

Thanks Kris.

My install - still alive since PC-BSD 9.0-BETA1 - works just fine after
upgrading from RC1 to RELEASE, except (already known) problems:

Login problems while using KDE:
"rm -rf /var/tmp/kdecache-*" as root

And at some point between RC1 and RELEASE the pbreg version freezed.
Using "pbreg set /PC-BSD/Version 9.0" as root solves this problem.
(i.e. for fetching right version with portjail init)

Maybe hopping from RC1 directly to RELEASE missed these fixes.

Best Regards
Hakisho Nukama