[PC-BSD Testing] Some boot screens..

Yuri Momotiuk yurkis at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 02:02:07 PST 2012

I just try to merge back my kernels boot menu and clear timeout with new
graphical boot loader, so I'll touch loader.conf, beastie.4th and
bootloader theme files. If you provide images for loader menu and boot
splash in single style, I can add it.
Currently I use variant of current boot splash (with smaller loago) for
boot menu.

2012/1/12 Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org>

>  On 01/11/2012 07:25, Jay Patel wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I am not sure that i should add this into testing category but i have
> made some concept for boot screen forPC-BSD it would be nice to see
> something like this. And also for "press key for more detail" can used
> as seen on Centos 5"http://www.thecodingstudio.com/opensource/linux/screenshots/index.php?linux_distribution_sm=CentOS%205" <http://www.thecodingstudio.com/opensource/linux/screenshots/index.php?linux_distribution_sm=CentOS%205>
> "show detail " button.
>

> and the work i did is http://www.4shared.com/photo/qf6Glnjd/Untitled-1.html
>
> PC-BSD can be replaced with PC-BSD logo. what you think?sorry for my
> English if its non understandable. :)
>

> Regards,
>
> Jay.
>

> That looks pretty cool! Have you tried playing with these boot-screens?
> You can manually enable it now on 9.0 for testing, then perhaps we can roll
> it into 9.1.
>

> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/boot-blocks.html#BOOT-SPLASH
>

> --
> Kris Moore