[PC-BSD Testing] Problem with switching to virtual console

Ian Robinson fitchkendall at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 12:34:42 PST 2012

Update re problem with switching to virtual console via
[Alt]-[Ctrl]-[Fn2], the monitor goes black.  However, I can return to
PCBSD switching back via [Alt]-[Ctrl]-[Fn9].

This strange phenomena is caused by making a temporary change using
nvidia-settings, and in particular the failure occurred after I used
nvidia-settings to change the display resolution from my setting of
1800x1440 to 1280x1024.   If I reboot or if I use nvidia-settings to
return to the xorg.conf settings of 1800x1440, I can access virtual
consoles.

Ian Robinson
Salem, Ohio

--