[PC-BSD Testing] lifepreserver in pcbsd.conf

Tigersharke . tigersharke at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 11:36:42 PST 2012

Hello..

Recently someone asked on irc: Is it possible to turn off Life Preserver?
With the answer given as: Removing executable bit from
/usr/local/share/pcbsd/xstartup/life-preserver.sh should do it.

I suggested that perhaps this would more easily be handled by a change to
pcbsd.conf [that would control whether Life Preserver was started.]

I tried to look through the shell scripts and other various things in
/usr/local/share/pcbsd/ to try to understand how things get to the way they
are- ie, the general process involved in startup/setup of any particular
desktop with relation to pc-bsd specific items.  I looked at these things
so that this email would be better than it is currently but was unable to
glean enough to know if the above suggestion is possible.

Thanks for your time!