[PC-BSD Testing] Include Gutenprint Family of Drivers in PCBSD Base

Ian Robinson fitchkendall at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 11:02:44 PST 2012

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 3:00 PM, <testing-request at lists.pcbsd.org> wrote:

>   3. Re: Include Gutenprint Family of Drivers in PCBSD Base
>      (Kris Moore)
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 20:03:31 -0500
> From: Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org>
> To: testing at lists.pcbsd.org
> Subject: Re: [PC-BSD Testing] Include Gutenprint Family of Drivers in
>        PCBSD Base
>
> On 01/04/2012 17:46, Ian Robinson wrote:
> > With FreeBSD.org building 9.0-RELEASE right now, it is only a short
> > time until the PCBSD Team builds and distributes PCBSD 9.0-RELEASE.
> >
> > I am writing to suggest that the Gutenprint family of printer files be
> > included in the base.
> >
> > --
> > Ian Robinson
> > Salem, Ohio
>
> I'm not sure which ones you are missing, the gutenprint-* ports are
> already included. Do you mean HPLIP for LaserJet?
>
> --
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software
> iXsystems

Dear Kris,

Thanks for the speedy reply.  I am wrong and you are right.  On further
investigation, the CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.7 driver is available for the HP
LaserJet.

I am sorry to have interfered with your work to get PCBSD 9.0 out.  I must
have selected the wrong printer, and that would explain why I had to watch
my printer spew pages and pages of garbage.

Looking forward to reaping the benefit of your work.

Ian Robinson
Salem, Ohio